We live in a busy era, where we often don’t have time to deal with something important. Online banking gives us a possibility to manage everything regarding banking online. It’s super fast, easy and efficient. Why would you spend time going to a bank personally if you can do everything online?
Well, some of us still prefer to go to a bank personally. We feel we can accomplish more and get exactly what we need. Yes, it’s true that sometimes it’s easier just to talk to somebody face-to-face than trying to find it by ourselves. However, some people might prefer going to a bank personally, there is no need for that anymore. Most of the banks nowadays offer mobile finance apps for their customers, where you can do basically everything that you would do in a bank. Everything is being digital nowadays and we show be able to adapt.
What is online banking?
Online banking, also called internet banking gives you possibility to manage your money online, by using your phone, tablet or computer. Online banking basically means no more visiting banks personally. Everything you can accomplish in a bank, you can do online, or maybe even more. It is an electronic payment system, which is evolving extremely every day.
The purpose of online banking is not just saving your time by going to a bank personally, but also giving you lots of benefits. You can use mobile apps, which will help you with online banking.
Closing a bank account online
Closing a bank account online is not as easy as opening it.
It’s not always like that, but many types of banks and credit union will only let you close your account if you visit their branch personally.
However, some banks and credit unions will allow you to close the account through internet banking.
More and more banks start allowing customers to close their accounts online, whereas it’s much more convenient for them and it keeps them satisfied within the bank.
Secure bank account
Bank accounts are very safe in general. However, people can be very creative when it comes to stealing and cheating others… Generally, you can feel safe with a US bank. Now, let’s take a look at the best ways to keep yourself safe.
- The most common way how scammers are trying to get access to bank accounts is at the ATM.
- Make sure to withdraw money from reliable ATMs and always cover your hand when you enter the pin code.
- Keep sight of your card – there is lots of people “waiting” for lost or dropped wallets and cards (and we are not even mentioning thieves)…
- Stay aware of your surroundings
- Don’t tell your pin to others
- If a bank calls you to tell them your social security number and pin code, don’t!! It’s most likely a scam. Your bank will never ask you such an information through a phone.
Benefits of online banking
Online banking has lots of benefits as I already mentioned before.
- Possibility to download an app for even better experience
- Viewing account balance
- Viewing account transactions
- Personal financial management support
- Transaction approval process
- Management of multiple users having varying levels of authority
- Funds transfers between the customer’s linked accounts
- Paying third parties, including bill payments
- Investment purchase or sale
- Loan applications and transactions, such as repayments of enrollments
- Credit card applications
- Register utility billers and make bill payments
Online banking has lots of benefits, not only for personal use, but also for business owners.
All in all, online banking is extremely smart and efficient way to manage your bank account and finances online. Federal law protects consumers from any unauthorized transfers. The only think you have to do is to notify your bank as soon as possible. If there is any fraud or errors, you should be protected and everything should be just fine.